SUBSCRIBESIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER
The Gold Coast has an enviable reputation when it comes to high performance training.
In 1996 Great Britain won a single gold medal at the Atlanta Games. In 2000, using its exclusive Gold Coast training base as the platform for its Games campaign, it went on to win 12 gold medals – its best performance in 80 years.
Since this time, the variety of national and international sporting teams and individuals visiting the Gold Coast has continued to grow to include some of the biggest names in sport.
Sport Gold Coast Book
The Gold Coast offers:
- world-class training venues and sport facilities
- perfect training climate (over 70 kilometres of spectacular beaches and sub-tropical year round warm weather)
- an enviable training environment – a natural playground of beaches, waterways and rainforests
- leading sport science and sport education capabilities
- a sport attraction program with proven record in hosting high performance training camps
- serviced by two international airports and effective public transport options
- various accommodation options and restaurants (including sport nutrition specialists)
- activities beyond the training environment – shopping, dining, relaxation and health retreats, theme parks, casino and a host of other tourist attractions.
The international spotlight will be on the Gold Coast in 2018, when the city hosts one of the largest multi-sport events in the world the Commonwealth Games. Approximately $200 million in new world class sporting infrastructure will be constructed in readiness for the Games, building on the city’s existing high performance sporting facilities.
With our strengths in sport it’s not surprising to see a growing number of international champions that call the Gold Coast home including Olympic hurdles gold medallist, Sally Pearson; world surfing champions, Mick Fanning, Joel Parkinson and Stephanie Gilmore; US Masters golf champion, Adam Scott; US Open tennis champion, Sam Stosur; and professional mens tennis player, Bernard Tomic.
Watch: Gold Coast Sport Video
world class training venues and sport facilities
in an enviable training environment